||Senior Project Manager
||Jan. 24, 2023, 2 p.m.
||April 3, 2023
||March 29, 2024
Job Description :
AMANST Inc. is looking for Senior Project Manager for a contract opportunity with Ontario Government.
Estimated Business Days: 497 days
- Ability to manage large scale of projects
Nice to have
ITS provides project management services to cluster and ministry clients through the ITS Infrastructure Project Delivery branch (IPD). Project Managers within the IPD are responsible for the end-to-end management of client requested projects as well as internal infrastructure related projects. In Fiscal Year 2021-2022 ITS Operational Planning had identified the need for a Project Manager / Leader - Level Senior to assist the Horizontal Delivery Team (HDT) in the delivery of the following key activities related to Cloud Modernization. This Resource will ensure an integrated approach to the planning, development and execution activities related to the above programs. . Day-to-day project management involves: Working per the ITS Project Management Lifecycle to provide clients with assistance in identifying and defining the high-level parameters of a project. o Project management and trouble shoot during each of the 5 phases of the project life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, control and closure). o Accountability for all project documentation and updates including project charter, scope statement, risk management plan, change management plan, schedule (including Gantt Chart), communications plan, quality management plan and procurement plan. o Documentation of project lessons learned and the recording and archival of documentation upon project conclusion.
The program will also focus on the delivery and operational-rationalization of several streams of work related to cloud based services for the OPS the successful Resource will need to ensure the following as part of the program delivery.
- Creating RACI, and Onboarding activities
- Developing costing and pricing models
- Service activation
- Coordinating TRA and PIA activities
- Developing training and operational guides
- Coordinating enterprise architecture approvals
This project's major stakeholders are ITS Data Centre Operations, Enterprise Planning and Project Delivery Services and Cyber Security. This resource will ensure an integrated approach to the planning, development and execution activities related to the ITS internal infrastructure projects.
- Provides project management on large scale, complex, high profile and high risk projects for OPS I&IT initiatives.
- Ensures project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with OPS project management methodologies and frameworks.
- Leads organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
- Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
- Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
- Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope
- Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies
- Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards
- Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures
- Sources, selects and on-boards team members in various disciplines, clarify roles and responsibilities and set task/deliverable/performance expectations for resources that are both OPS unionized employees as well as fee for service (FFS) consultants.
- Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such as project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Develops complex project budgets based on multiple funding channels and cross ministry dependencies.
- Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed.
- Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
- Establishes and participates in steering committee and stakeholder forums
- Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
- Promotes OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
Project Management Experience - 15%
- 10+ years’ experience managing diverse, multi-disciplinary project teams often with dependent yet competing goals.
Project Management Methodologies Experience - 10%
- Demonstrated experience of using PM methodologies in the entire life cycle of the project.
Communication and Reporting Experience - 10%
- Demonstrated experience in developing project charters, developing integrated plans, managing and reporting project financials, and maintaining and developing governance models
Stakeholder Management Experience - 10%
- Experience of working with key stakeholders and using communication skills to negotiate and documenting any process related intelligence.
Experience in Leading Multiple Complex Large Scale Projects - 20%
- Track record with leading projects including working knowledge of creating RACI, building strategy, technical and service activation, Architecture gating.
Public Sector Experience - 5%
- Experience with Public sector Enterprise Project Management requirements will be an asset.